As part of its Economic Response to COVID-19, the Australian Government is providing free or low-fee training courses across the nation. The Australian Government is partnering with participating state and territory governments to establish the $1 billion JobTrainer Fund.
JobTrainer will fund around 320,000 additional training places that can help you learn skills for jobs in demand. You can choose from a range of accredited diplomas, certificates in different areas including the Building and Construction industry.
The funding is designed for Job Seekers and young people especially school leavers. This means funding is available even if you hold higher qualifications.
TIV has been approved to deliver the subsidised training but with only some of our courses.
TIV’s two courses on this list are:
- (CPC40110) Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
- (CPC50210) Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Both of these courses are available in various locations throughout Victoria as well as online with our live Virtual Classroom.
Places are limited! Apply now to secure your funding.
How does this affect TIV course prices?
Eligible students enrolling in a full course under JobTrainer will only be charged 20% of the standard course tuition fee.
This means if they are not eligible for skills first funding but eligible for Job trainer the fees would be:
- (CPC40110) Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)= $700 (20% of $3500)
- (CPC50210) Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) = $930 (20% of $4650)
If a student is still eligible for the Skills First Funding TIV will asses which option will be cheaper for the student.
JobTrainer is available to those who are:
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or
- a job seeker of any age.
They must not have commenced a full qualification under JobTrainer before.
What proof to I need to provide that I am a job seeker?
If you are over 24 and a job seeker you must sight and retain evidence of your job seeker status. We accept the following:
- a current and valid Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Gold Card; or
- a separation certificate from their employer; or
- a letter from their employer or company receiver stating that they have been made, or will be made, redundant or retrenched
What are the eligibility exemptions under JobTrainer?
The normal Skills First eligibility criteria apply to JobTrainer but with two exceptions:
- No upskilling requirement
You can grant an eligibility exemption to a student who doesn’t meet the upskilling requirement.
- No ‘two at level in a lifetime’ limit
You can grant an eligibility exemption to a student who doesn’t meet the ‘two at level in a lifetime’ limit.
Are places limited?
Yes, TIV have only been given a limited amount of spots so contact us today to secure your spot!
This is only available until March 2021 so don’t wait and apply now!